Acceptance of Terms
The Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating the Services and/or interacting with you, Gochat will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
- Profile Information
We collect profile information through our Services; profile information typically includes your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address, and other biographical information such as gender, date of birth, hometown, and relationship status (collectively, the “Profile Information”). We use such profile information for purposes such as providing you with information about the Services, responding to your inquiries, sending you email alerts (including marketing emails), registering you for an account on the App and creating your App profile, and providing you the Services.
- Other Information
In addition to the Profile Information and Activity Information we collect, we may automatically collect or receive additional information regarding you and your use of our Services, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other devices used to access our Services (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From Your Usage of the Services
- IP address, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device;
- Browser type and language;
- Referring and exit pages and URLs;
- Date and time;
- Details regarding your activity on the Services, such as amount of time spent in certain sections of the Services or interacting with certain features, and other performance and usage data.
- About Your Device
- Type of device;
- Operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows);
- Carrier; and
- Network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, 5G, LTE).
- About Your Location
Certain features and functionalities of the App may be based on your location. In order to provide these features and functionalities while you are using a mobile device, we may, with your consent, automatically collect geolocational information from your mobile device or wireless carrier and/or certain third-party service providers. Collection of such geolocational information occurs only when the App is running on your mobile device. You may decline to allow us to collect such geolocational information, in which case we may not be able to provide certain features or functionalities to you.
- Third-Party Analytics and Remarketers
- For Google Analytics, please visit https://policies.google.com/privacy.
- For UX Cam, please visit https://help.uxcam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004158171
- For Segment, please visit https://segment.com/legal/privacy/
- From Your Usage of the Services
- Social Media Widgets
- From Other Sources
- Your Contacts
We may collect information using “cookie” and other similar technologies. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your mobile device’s hard drive (or other storage medium) so that your computer will “remember” information about your use. We use both first and third party session cookies and persistent cookies. Below is a general primer on session and persistent cookies; information collected by cookies depends on its particular purpose.
- Session Cookies: We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Services. A session ID cookie expires when you close the Services.
- Persistent Cookies: A persistent cookie remains on your device for an extended period of time or until you delete them. To the extent we provide a log-in portal or related feature on our Services, persistent cookies can be used to store your passwords so that you don’t have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our visitors to personalize the experience on our Services.
If you do not want us to place a cookie on your device, you may be able to turn that feature off on your device. Please consult your browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, certain aspects of the Services may not function properly or as intended.
How Your Information is Used and Shared
You authorize us to use the Profile Information, Activity Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide and improve our Services; to administer any promotional programs; to solicit your feedback; to inform you about our products and services; and for ad optimization.
You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below.
- Aggregate Data:
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users, the Services, and our products and services, we may analyze certain Information in anonymized and aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Services and/or such products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share and/or license this aggregate data to our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Services and these products and services to current and prospective business partners and investors and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Onward Transfers to Third Parties and Business Transfers:
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include hosting and storage services, technical assistance, customer service, marketing assistance, and administration of our Services. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Any data and/or content that you create or obtain on or through the Services that you, or a third party, posts to a social media account (e.g., Facebook or Twitter) will be viewable and accessible on those social accounts as if you or such third party had posted it on the social account directly. Services like Facebook and Twitter may also give you the option to post information from our Services to your Facebook and Twitter accounts, and to share that information with others within your social networks.
- In order for the Services to function as intended some Information you provide will be viewable by other users of the Services in accordance with your privacy preferences.
- Disclosure to Public Authorities:
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Gochat or others.
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Gochat marketing e-mail. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to the Services (e.g., requests for support).
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Your chats and communications on the Services are end-to-end encrypted. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such Information, nor can we guarantee that the Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents
The Services and its servers are operated in the United States and elsewhere. Please be aware that your Information, including your personal information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Services, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
The Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. Gochat adheres to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and will not knowingly collect personal information from any child under the age of 13. We ask that minors (under the age of 13) not submit any personal information to us. If you are under the age of 13, you may use the Services only with the consent of your parent or guardian.
If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us and request that such information be deleted from our records.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship (and that are not otherwise exempt) have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, including the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. If you wish to submit a request pursuant to Section 1798.83, please contact Gochat via email at [email protected].
Do Not Track
Gochat does not respond to “Do Not Track” settings or other related mechanisms at this time.
Nevada Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain personal information to third parties who intend to license or sell that personal information. You can exercise this right by contacting us at [email protected] with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your personal information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
How to Contact Us